COMMISSIONER FOR OATHS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CERTIFY DOCUMENTS (01 July 2015)
- Effective 3 August 2015, MM2H Centre will no longer accept certification by Commissioners for Oaths. According to a directive by the Registrar of Malaya High Court, Commissioner For Oaths are not allowed to make Certified True Copies. Hence, certification can only be done by Embassy / High Commission / Notary Public / Government Official / Solicitor / Advocate / Auditor from origin country. Thank you. Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Centre MALAYSIA
MM2H PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO BUSINESS (11 May 2015)
- The MM2H Pass is a Social Visit Pass and allows MM2H participant to long-stay in Malaysia. If MM2H participant intends to do business, he/she would need to terminate the MM2H Pass. MM2H participant who is interested to invest in Malaysia can contact the Malaysia Industrial Development Authority at:MIDA Headquarters
Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA) Block 4, Plaza Sentral,
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 603-2267 3633
Fax: 603-2274 7970
Website : www.mida.gov.my
MINISTRY OF FINANCE (MOF) : NO GOODS & SERVICES TAX (GST) EXEMPTION FOR VEHICLE PURCHASE (09 April 2015)
- Finance Minister decides that there will be no exemption of GST for the purchase of vehicles by the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) participants effective 1 April 2015. However, application for duty / tax exemption submitted to MOF before 1 April 2015 will be considered for GST exemption for a period of three (3) months from the approval date. MOF will not entertain any request to extend the period of application or GST exemption to purchase vehicles under MM2H programme.
ANNOUNCEMENT (16 October 2014)
Placement of the required Fixed Deposit can be done at any bank in Malaysia. The previously announced Panel of Banks by the Ministry is no longer valid.
IMPOSITION OF THE GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (GST) EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL, 2015 (24 December 2014)
- Currently, MM2H participant may purchase one new car made or assembled in Malaysia which is exempted from excise duty and sales tax OR import one car which belongs to him/her from country of citizenship or where he/she last domiciled, which is also exempted from import duty, excise duty and sales tax for bringing in it into Malaysia for his/her personal use. On 1st April, 2015, the Government of Malaysia will start to impose the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Malaysia. As of now, the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia has not received an official notification from the Ministry of Finance (MOF) to give any tax exemption to MM2H participants when they: a) Purchase a new car made or assembled in Malaysia; or
b) Import a car which belongs to the participant in his/her country of citizenship or where he/she last domiciled.Therefore any car which is purchased in or imported into Malaysia on or after 1st April, 2015 is subject to GST unless it is given exemption by MOF.
MM2H ACCOUNT AND FINANCE YEAR-END MAINTENANCE 2014 (24 December 2014)
- Please be informed that all financial activities will be halted as follows:-
- Cashier : 30.12.2014 (12 noon onward)
- Cashier : 31.12.2014 (Closed)
- Deposit’s Refund (22 December 2014 onward)
- All financial activities will resume as usual on 2 January 2015.
FIXED DEPOSITS UNDER MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME (MM2H) PROGRAMME (17 October 2014)
- Placement of Fixed Deposit can be done at any bank in Malaysia. Withdrawal of Fixed Deposit must have the prior approval of the MM2H Centre under Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia. Failure to comply with this condition could result in the immediate cancellation of the MM2H Social Visit Pass (Multiple Entry). Banks with dedicated MM2H Counters are as follows Bank of China and Public Bank.
APPLICANTS FROM BANGLADESH (09 October 2014)
- Starting from 1 November 2014, MM2H special committee meeting has decided that all applicants from Bangladesh must have their signature on each and every page of application documents before submitting to MM2H Centre.
FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT UNDER MM2H PROGRAMME (25 June 2015)
- Kindly be informed effective 1st July 2014, MM2H participants are not allowed to transfer Fixed Deposit Account tagged under MM2H Programme .
ANNOUNCEMENT (17 July 2013)
The new address for MM2H Centre is as below:
Ministry of Tourism Malaysia
Level 1, No. 2, Menara 1, Jalan P5/6
Precinct 5, 62200 PUTRAJAYA
ANNOUNCEMENT (effective from 14 March 2013, MM2H Centre)
Please note that with immediate effect, the processing and approval process will take 90 working days from the submission date of complete applications documents. This is in view of the time taken for financial verification.
DIRECT APPLICATION SUBMISSION (10 May 2013)
- Direct Application Submission: Please be reminded that direct applications must be submitted by the respective applicant. MM2H Centre will not entertain any applications submitted on behalf of the applicant e.g relatives, lawyer, etc.
DELAY IN IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES DUE TO SYSTEM MIGRATION (08 May 2013)
- Delay in Immigration Procedures Due to System Migration Please be informed that due to migration to the new Immigration system, please expect some delay in all Immigration procedures at the MM2H Centre. Your kind consideration and patience is highly appreciated while we work together with the Immigration Department of Malaysia in overcoming this matter.
MM2H APPLICATIONS MUST SUBMIT BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENTS (12 July 2012)
- “The MM2H Centre would like to inform that effective 12 July 2012, all MM2H applications must submit bank account statements that shows the latest 3 months deposit for monthly income (either from salary/ rental/ interest earned/ shares/ etc) or government-approved pensions into the applicant’s bank accounts. Complete applications received before that date, are not subjected to the above requirement.”
ANNOUNCEMENT (effective from July 2012, MM2H Centre)
- The latest update from Penang State Government for the threshold limits for properties purchase by foreigners in Penang effective 1 July 2012 are as stated below:
- Stratified properties – RM1mil for Island and Seberang Perai [no limit to quantity]
- Landed property – RM2mil for Island and RM1mil for Seberang Perai (including landed) [no limit to quantity]
- FOR MM2H PARTICIPANTS ONLY : residential properties only at RM500,000 minimum price and limited to 2 units only. Sale of property is only allowed 3 years after signing of S&P agreement. Any stamping of S&P agreement made after 1 July 2012 is subjected to these changes.
ANNOUNCEMENT (December 2011, Immigration Department)
- Letter of Good Conduct (LGC)
LGC which is not in the English language must be translated by authorized translator and duly certified by the applicant’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and further certified by our Malaysian Embassy. The certified LGC must be attached with the original LGC accordingly.
ANNOUNCEMENT (August 2011)
The Ministry of Tourism & MM2H Immigration Unit are moved to Putrajaya permanently.
New address for both MM2H Centre and MM2H Immigration Unit as below:
Ministry of Tourism Malaysia
Level 10, No. 2, Menara 1, Jalan P5/6
Presint 5, 62200 PUTRAJAYA
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the MM2H Centre, effective from 1 March 2011)
All new applications MUST include the ORIGINAL Letter of Good Conduct at the time of formal submittal. The Ministry no longer accepts applications without the original LGC’s.
ONLINE CAR TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION (01 February 2011)
- ONLINE CAR TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION Please be informed that starting from November 2010, the application for tax exemption for the locally purchased and imported car need to be done through the online application system at https://smpc.treasury.gov.my/sop/workdesk/login.jsp and manual application is not acceptable. Kindly refer to or the information in Incentives page in MM2H website http://www.mm2h.gov.my/incentive2.php for further detail.
FINANCIAL CRITERIA FOR NEW APPLICATIONS (07 October 2010)
- Please be informed that with effective of 15 October 2010, all new applications must fulfil the financial criteria as per decided by the Special Committee on Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H) as follows: For certified copy(s) of Current Account, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of: a. not less than RM 350,000 per month for 50 years and above category; or b. not less than RM 500,000 per month for below 50 years old category * The rest of the requirements are still applies based on the existing checklist.
ISSUANCE OF ID CARDS FOR MM2H PARTICIPANTS SUSPENDED (01 July 2010)
- Please be informed that the issuance of ID cards for MM2H participants will be suspended by the Immigration Department of Malaysia until further notice. We regret any inconvenience and any updates regarding this matter will be duly updated on this page.
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the MM2H Centre, 01 January 2010)
- Please be informed that property purchase is not a pre-requisite for participating in MM2H programme. Any foreigner may purchase any number of residential property in Malaysia, subject to the minimum rates established for foreigners by the different states. They start from RM 500,000 per unit for majority of the states, from 1st January 2010. Land is a state matter and it is important to check the state laws before making any commitment, as the minimum purchase price is not standardized between states.
- We advise buying homes which are already issued with certificates of fitness but if you intend to purchase from developers, ensure that it is a reputable company.
- Also ensure that your lawyer does a thorough check with the local land office that you have ownership rights to any property that you are purchasing. Profit made on the sale of property is 5% (Real Property Gains Tax).
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the Immigration Unit, PWTC, November 2009)
- Please be informed that the issuance of ID cards for MM2H participants is temporarily suspended due to technical problems until further notice.
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the MM2H Centre, July 2009)
- Please be informed that the Letter of Good Conduct is mandatory for all new applications submitted either directly by applicants or through licensed MM2H agents.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 01 April 2009)
1) UPON APPROVAL (FIXED DEPOSITS) for New Applicants after 1 April 2009
a) Aged Below 50 years old :
- After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM 150K for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM 150K from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
b) Aged 50 years and above :
- After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion of RM 150K can withdraw up to RM 50K for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM 100K from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme
c) For All Ages:
- Approved participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at MYR1million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 100K or RM 150K. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his/her participation in MM2H programme.
2) DIRECT APPLICATION only
a) Applicants applying directly are required to fulfill the Security Bond conditions for each participant and dependent :
- The Security Bond form with stamp duty paid.
- The Security Bond can be in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee/Bank Draft/Money Order placed with bank in Malaysia and made payable to the “KETUA PENGARAH IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA.”
- The Bond form can be withdrawn if the participant/dependent decides to exit from the MM2H Programme.
- The amount chargeable is according to Country of Origin of the participant : Please click here to view the Security Bond; Kindly double check with the Ministry of Tourism for updated information. (Ranging between RM 200-RM 2000 per person)
3) ALL NEW APPLICATIONS
- Letter of Good Conductfrom your relevant government agency.
- Self Declaration on your/dependents health conditions.
- Statutory Declaration by applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements during the stay in Malaysia for dependents.
- Bank Authorization Letterfrom applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 13 February 2009)
- In line with the Immigration Circular No. 6 of 2009, the following improvements have been made to the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme, with effect from 13 February 2009:
- Qualified MM2H participants aged 50 and above with specialized skills and expertise that are required in the critical sectors of the economy, are allowed to work not more than 20 hours per week.
- The approval to work part-time is subject to the following conditions:
a) the application is approved by the MM2H Special Committee;
b) the work contract needs to state that the MM2H participant is working part time
and to attach the work schedule; and
c) total number of hours of week does not exceed 20 hours.
- MM2H participants are allowed to invest and actively participate in business, subject to existing Government policies, regulations and guidelines which are in force for the relevant sectors.
- Foreign spouses of Malaysian nationals are eligible to apply for MM2H, subject to the terms and conditions of the MM2H programme. Alternatively, they have the option to apply for the Spouse Programme.
- The 10-year Social Visit Pass is extended to all Silver Haired and MM2H participantswho were previously approved under the 5-year Social Visit Pass, subject to the validity of their passports.
- Employment Pass holders who wish to participate in the MM2H programme are exempted from the “cooling off period”on the condition that their application to participate in MM2H programme is submitted 3 months before the expiry of the Employment Pass.
ID-Cards will be issued to MM2H participants with permanent address in Malaysia.This is validated by submitting the Sales and Purchase Agreement or Tenancy Agreement in Malaysia.
- Age limit of unmarried dependent children is raised from 18 years to 21 years.A declaration stating that the child is unmarried and all expenses during the stay in Malaysia will be borne by the principal participant of the MM2H program is required.
‘Dependants’ include unmarried children aged 21 years and below, step-children, disabled children and parents.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 09 January 2009)
- Effective 9 January, 2009 foreign citizens may apply to participate in MM2H programme directly, without going through any other third party, OR may continue to use the services of MM2H agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.
Effective 9 January, 2009 there will be a freeze on issuance of MM2H agent licenses by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.