ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the Immigration Unit, PWTC, November 2009)
- Please be informed that the issuance of ID cards for MM2H participants is temporarily suspended due to technical problems until further notice.
ANNOUNCEMENT ( By the MM2H Centre, July 2009)
- Please be informed that the Letter of Good Conduct is mandatory for all new applications submitted either directly by applicants or through licensed MM2H agents.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 01 April 2009)
1) UPON APPROVAL (FIXED DEPOSITS) for New Applicants after 1 April 2009
a) Aged Below 50 years old :
- After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM 150K for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM 150K from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
b) Aged 50 years and above :
- After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion of RM 150K can withdraw up to MYR50Kfor approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
- Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM 100K from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme
c) For All Ages:
- Approved participants who have purchased and owned property which were bought at MYR1million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 100K or RM 150K. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his/her participation in MM2H programme.
2) DIRECT APPLICATION only
a) Applicants applying directly are required to fulfill the Security Bondconditions for each participant and dependent :
- The Security Bond form with stamp duty paid.
- The Security Bond can be in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee/Bank Draft/Money Order placed with bank in Malaysia and made payable to the “KETUA PENGARAH IMIGRESEN MALAYSIA.”
- The Bond form can be withdrawn if the participant/dependent decides to exit from the MM2H Programme.
- The amount chargeable is according to Country of Origin of the participant : Please click here to view the Security Bond; Kindly double check with the Ministry of Tourism for updated information. (Ranging between RM 200-RM 2000 per person)
3) ALL NEW APPLICATIONS
- Letter of Good Conductfrom your relevant government agency.
- Self Declaration on your/dependents health conditions.
- Statutory Declaration by applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements during the stay in Malaysia for dependents.
- Bank Authorization Letterfrom applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 13 February 2009)
In line with the Immigration Circular No. 6 of 2009, the following improvements have been made to the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme, with effect from 13 February 2009:
Qualified MM2H participants aged 50 and above with specialized skills and expertise that are required in the critical sectors of the economy, are allowed to work not more than 20 hours per week.
The approval to work part-time is subject to the following conditions:
a) the application is approved by the MM2H Special Committee;
b) the work contract needs to state that the MM2H participant is working part time
and to attach the work schedule; and
c) total number of hours of week does not exceed 20 hours.
- MM2H participants are allowed to invest and actively participate in business, subject to existing Government policies, regulations and guidelines which are in force for the relevant sectors.
- Foreign spouses of Malaysian nationals are eligible to apply for MM2H, subject to the terms and conditions of the MM2H programme. Alternatively, they have the option to apply for the Spouse Programme.
- The 10-year Social Visit Pass is extended to all Silver Haired and MM2H participantswho were previously approved under the 5-year Social Visit Pass, subject to the validity of their passports.
- Employment Pass holders who wish to participate in the MM2H programme are exempted from the “cooling off period”on the condition that their application to participate in MM2H programme is submitted 3 months before the expiry of the Employment Pass.
ID-Cards will be issued to MM2H participants with permanent address in Malaysia. This is validated by submitting the Sales and Purchase Agreement or Tenancy Agreement in Malaysia.
- Age limit of unmarried dependent children is raised from 18 years to 21 years. A declaration stating that the child is unmarried and all expenses during the stay in Malaysia will be borne by the principal participant of the MM2H program is required.
‘Dependants’ include unmarried children aged 21 years and below, step-children, disabled children and parents.
ANNOUNCEMENT (By the Ministry of Tourism, 09 January 2009)
- Effective 9 January, 2009 foreign citizens may apply to participate in MM2H programme directly, without going through any other third party, OR may continue to use the services of MM2H agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.
Effective 9 January, 2009 there will be a freeze on issuance of MM2H agent licenses by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia.