Apply for Extension

If there is a change of passport, the applicant must do the following to apply for extension:

  1. The Applicant must appear in person at the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
  2. The Applicant should bring the following documents and payment:
      • Letter of Intention By The Principal / Sponsor
      • Copy of Approval Letter
      • Form IM. 12
      • Form IMM. 55
      • Original & copy of Old & New Passport for Applicant & Principal
  3. Applicant who 21 years and above and holding the MM2H dependents Pass will not be given the further extension.
  4. Processing period is one (1) working day.


Note: The above process applies to those who did not receive the full duration of the 10 years’ Visa because of short validity period of their passport at the time of approval and would like to receive the remaining period upon the issuance of a new passport.
To check application status, please click here.