AND AND AND OR i) Agree to place RM 150,000 in Fixed Deposit in Malaysia. ii) prove of over RM 10,000 monthly Government pension with latest 3 months statements
50 YEARS OLD & BELOW
50 YEARS OLD & ABOVE
i) Agree to place RM 150,000 in Fixed Deposit in Malaysia.
ii) prove of over RM 10,000 monthly Government pension with latest 3 months statements
Effective 1 April 2009, new applicants who have purchased and paid for residential property in Malaysia at RM 1 million and above in Malaysia are eligible to apply an place the minimum Fixed Deposit: RM 100,000 for 50 years old & above OR RM 150,000 for those aged below 50 years old. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participants decide to terminate their participation in the MM2H programme.
( All applicants must fullfil the cash in bank and monthly income requirements as mentioned above )
Announcement Ministry of Tourism Malaysia :
“Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves for 10 years on this programme in Malaysia, without the need to work in the country. Besides fulfilling the basic financial criteria of Fixed Deposit placement of RM 150,000 (for those aged 50 years old and above) or RM 300,000 (for those aged below 50 years old), applicants should furnish documentation on their financial position to strengthen their applications”.
“For 50 years old & Above : Only applicants who receive Government Pensions can apply to waive the required Fixed Deposit subject to Ministry’s approval. After fulfilling the above terms and conditions and obtaining the MM2H Conditional Approval Letter from the Immigration Department; successful applicants will then need to abide by the following conditions:
– The required fixed deposits must be done in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) in any financial institutions, including foreign banks with local branches in Malaysia. Any amounts beyond the stated requirement can be made in most foreign currencies.
– Participants must obtain prior written approval from Ministry of Tourism before proceed to withdraw the fixed deposit.
– Participants under this programme may withdraw their entire fixed deposit anytime with prior written approval from the Ministry of Tourism should they decide to terminate their stay in Malaysia under this programme.
– All applicants and their dependents (spouse and children) are required to submit a MM2H medical report from any private hospital / registered clinic in Malaysia.
– Approved participants and dependents (spouse and children) must possess a valid medical insurance policy which is applicable in Malaysia.
a) Participants under Malaysia My Second Home Programme are not allowed to work/be employed while staying in Malaysia except those who were issued special work permits.
b) In addition, they should not participate in activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people and a threat to the security of the country.
For detailed information on the conditions, please refer to “What is the MM2H Conditional Approval Letter”