MM2H SponserMM2H Conditional Approval LetterMM2H IncentivesMM2H VisaDependent/Children/EducationMedical/Health InsuranceFixed DepositsBusiness & InvestmentEmploymentHouse PurchaseCar Purchase

Q1 : Do I need a licensed MM2H Agent to submit for my MM2H application?

A1 :  Effective 9 January, 2009 foreign citizens may apply to participate in MM2H Programme directly,(applicants are NOT allowed to request friends or close relatives to submit the documents) OR they may use the services of MM2H agents licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia. Only the directors of licensed MM2H companies with Tourism Malaysia are eligible to act as the sponsor for MM2H participants.

The MM2H application requires a submission of Personal Bond signed by the Sponsor with stamping duties paid for each individual participating in this Programme. The engagement with a Licensed MM2H agent will ensure that your MM2H application to be submitted with complete documents as required by the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia. You do not need to be present in Malaysia during the application period. We as your MM2H agent will guarantee to obtain the MM2H Approval for you or we shall refund in full for the amount of fees we received. The Directors from Joy-Stay (MM2H) Sdn Bhd have been MM2H Programme sponsors since 2002 and we are confident and committed to serve you and to obtain the MM2H Approval for you to live and retire in this country under the 10-yr long-stay MM2H visa.

Our fees and services are clearly detailed on our website, we believe in not having any hidden charges because we value your trust in us.

Q2 : Who grant the approval of MM2H application?

A2 : The Ministry of Tourism Malaysia and the Immigration Department of Malaysia

Q3 : Do I need to be in Malaysia for the application of the MM2H program?

A3 : No, you do not have to be present in Malaysia at the time of submission and during the processing period of the MM2H application. We as your MM2H agent will take care of all matters arising during this time; We will complete the application with close follow-ups. As soon as we obtain the MM2H Conditional Approval Letter from the Immigration of Malaysia, you (spouse and dependents, if applicable) will then make arrangement to visit Kuala Lumpur to complete the conditions set forth by the Immigration Department and to receive the MM2H Pass & Visa endorsement(s) on the passport(s).

Q4 : Do I need to be in Malaysia when applying for a renewal?

A4 : Yes, all participants MUST be present in person with their passports in Malaysia to receive the renewals or extension of the MM2H Pass endorsements from the Immigration of Malaysia.

Q5 : Can I use my existing non-cash assets in Malaysia to fulfill the MM2H condition?

A5 : No, they cannot be considered equivalent to the required Fixed Deposit stated in the Conditional Approval Letter by the Immigration of Malaysia. You may apply to withdraw part of Fixed Deposit one year after the issuance of your MM2H Pass.

Q6 : How long does it take for my MM2H application to be processed and approved?

A6 : As of January 2015, the processing time is about 3 months for applications which are not selected for financial verifications.

Q7 : What do you advise me on improving my chances of MM2H  approval?

A : In order to receive MM2H approval, you must show that you have a strong financial background by providing complete documents for latest 3 months cash-in-bank statements and monthly income.

Q8 : What were the main reasons applications were being rejected?

A : MM2H declined applications are due to the failure in showing proof of minimum financial status. In addition, applicants who submit applications with incomplete documents and failure to submit the required Letter of Good Conduct which are acceptable by the Immigration Malaysia would be declined accordingly.

Q9 : If I have been staying in Malaysia for years, can I apply for MM2HP?

A : Yes, provided you have a valid Social Visa at the point of application and are able to fulfill all the requirements as per our MM2H CheckList. The application can be done by the MM2H Agent while you are in Malaysia.

Q10 : How do I get a licensed MM2H Agent to answer my questions regarding MM2H Programme?

A : You are very welcome to contact us anytime at our email address:

syedamjat@miticmm2h.com, we will reply you within 3 working days; if we are not able to answer your questions directly, we will forward your questions to the relevant authorities and we will get back to you as soon as we receive their reply.

Q11 : How would I know if Malaysia is suitable for me?

A : We would strongly advise you to pay a visit to Malaysia for a familiarization trip so that you can see the country personally and to evaluate the advantages of living or retiring in Malaysia.

Q1 : How can I complete the required medical check-up and what type of medical insurance policy should I purchase?

A : We will assist you to complete your medical check-up requirement and to purchase the required medical insurance; you will have to pay to the respective parties directly for the fees and premium incurred.

Q2 : When exactly will I obtain MM2H-10-Year-Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) ?

A : Upon fulfilling all the conditions of approval as listed in the MM2H Conditional Approval Letter, we will then accompany you to the MM2H Immigration Unit at Putrajaya to settle the visa fees and to obtain your MM2H Pass endorsement.

Q1 : What are the main incentives & benefits of this program?

A : Please go to “What is MM2H?” to learn about the incentives/benefits in details; basically all successful MM2H applicants will be entitled to enjoy the following benefits:

  • Bring in or purchase one tax-free car.
  • Earn interests for fixed deposits placed in Malaysia.
  • Tax exemptions on offshore income and interest earned through the fixed deposit placed in Malaysia.
  • Bring one domestic helper along with you or hire a foreign maid from countries approved by Malaysian Government.
  • Flexibility of staying in Malaysia for as long as you want to; and with the convenience of Multiple Entry Visas, you may enter and leave the country as you wish.
  • Open saving, current or fixed deposit accounts with any bank in Malaysia. (Foreigners on normal social visit pass are not allowed to open bank accounts in Malaysia).

Q1 : What is MM2H Pass ?

A : MM2H Pass & Visa = MM2H-10-Year-Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry Visa (MEV)

Successful applicants will be issued MM2H Pass as long as the holders do not violate the rules and regulations of the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The MM2H Pass is renewable / extendable at the end of the 10-year period provided you fulfill all criteria set forth by the Immigration of Malaysia

Q2 : If my passport is valid for the next 3 years, will I receive the full ten-year visa endorsement ? 

A : The MM2H Pass will be issued based on the validity of your passport. You will be entitled to receive up to ten (10) years Pass if your passport is valid for the next ten years. If your passport in only valid for 3 years, you will be issued a 3-year Pass. You will receive the balance of the 10-year Pass after you renew your passport.

Q3 : Do I need to be in Malaysia when applying for extension or renewal?

A : Yes, all participants must be present in person with their passports in Malaysia whenever they wish to receive the MM2H Pass endorsements from the Immigration Department. All extension or renewals must be done at least 2-3 months prior to the expiry date. You may submit the  renewal application by yourself or engage Joy-Stay as your MM2H Agent to complete the application.

Q4 : What is the minimum days to stay in Malaysia per year after obtaining the MM2H Pass endorsement?

A : There is no minimum days you require to stay in Malaysia per year. You may visit and leave as you wish with no restrictions after you obtained the MM2H Pass endorsement.

Q5 : After joining this program, can I apply for Permanent Residency?

A : Currently, our Immigration does not consider the period of stay under the MM2H Programme to fulfill the PR’s requirement. Therefore, living in Malaysia under the MM2H Programme does not qualify you for the PR status in Malaysia.

Q1 : Who qualifies as dependents?

A : Applicants may include legal spouses and children under the age of 21 as dependents. Applicants can also apply to include Parents over age of 60 included after the Main Applicant received the MM2H Pass.

Q2 : What’s the maximum age for children to apply under the family application?

A : All children must be under 21 at the time of issuance of MM2H Pass.

Q3 : Should I apply MM2H for my children who are /will be attending school in Malaysia?

A : Not necessary, children who are above age of 18 must have the Student Pass to attend schools in Malaysia.

Q4 : Does a child need a Student Visa to attend kindergarten here?  

A : Children below age of 18 may apply for Special Student Permits under the MM2H status to study in Malaysia.

Q5 : If my children are already married and want to study in Malaysia with their husband, do they need to pay the fixed deposit?

A : They should apply for the Student Pass to study in Malaysia.

Q6 : Can the children of the successful applicants attend schools in Malaysia?

A : Yes, as long as the children are being accepted by the private or public schools in Malaysia.

Q1 : How can I complete the required medical check-up and what type of health/medical insurance policy should I purchase?

A : We will assist you to complete your medical check-up requirement and to advise you on what type of medical/health insurance to purchase; you will have to pay to the respective parties directly for the fees and premium incurred.

Q2 : Can I receive medical treatment in Malaysia?

A : Yes.

Q1 : Can I withdraw my fixed deposit any time during my stay in Malaysia?

Some banks allow periodical withdrawals of interest earned on your Fixed Deposit. This is subject to the bank’s policy and negotiation at the time of opening your account with the bank concerned. Please refer to banking portal www.bankinginfo.com.my for current rates and terms.

Q2 :Can I place the fixed deposit in a Malaysian bank located in my country?
No. The fixed deposit account must be opened in any Malaysian bank or financial institution located in Malaysia.

Q3 : Can the purchase of a house in Malaysia which is valued at more than RM500,000.00 be considered as having fulfilled the financial criteria for this programme?
No. Participants are required to fulfill the fixed deposit requirement or monthly off-shore income for those aged 50 years and above.

Q4 :Am I allowed to withdraw my fixed deposit for a few months and then topped it back later?
No. Participants are required to place their fixed deposits on annual auto renewal basis.

Q5 : When can I withdraw my fixed deposit?
After a period of one year, the participant may withdraw his/her fixed deposit for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes OR when he/she decides to terminate his/her stay in Malaysia by first informing the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia of his/her intention at Malaysia My Second Home Centre. Participants can apply to withdraw part of their fixed deposit for emergency cases such as medical purposes, etc. with prior approval of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia.

Q6 : Can I transfer my Fixed Deposit Account tagged under MM2H Programme from one bank to another?
No. MM2H participants are not allowed to transfer Fixed Deposit Account tagged under MM2H Programme.

Q1 : Can I open a restaurant, book shop or clinic in Malaysia under this programme?

MM2H participants are allowed to invest and actively participate in business, subject to existing Government policies, regulations and guidelines which are in force for the relevant sectors. Participants can participate in the local share market.

For more information on investing in Malaysia, please contact:

Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA)

Level 4, Plaza Sentral

Jalan Stesen Sentral 5

Kuala Lumpur Sentral

50470 Kuala Lumpur


Tel: 603 – 2267 3633

Fax: 603 – 2274 7970

E-Mail: promotion@mida.gov.my

Website: www.mida.gov.my

Q1 : Can successful applicants be allowed to seek employment in Malaysia?

A : Qualified MM2H participants aged 50 and above with specialized skills and expertise that are required in the critical sectors of the economy, are allowed to work not more than 20 hours per week.

The application for the special part-time work permit must be submitted and processed by the Immigration and it is subject to the Immigration’s approval.

​Please refer to the Ministry’s webpage for “Apply for Part Time Job” for more details

Do the participants have any special entitlements?
All participants are allowed to purchase residential properties at the minimum purchase price for foreigners established by the respective state governments. The current minimum price (March 2014) is RM500,000.00 for most states.

Can I purchase a house for residential purpose and a shop lot to be rented out?
No, you are only allowed to purchase residential properties.

Do I have to pay the yearly assessment and quit rent for my houses like the locals?

In the event of unforeseen death is the participant able to hand over his Malaysian assets to any of his beneficiaries smoothly. Does the Government have any restriction on this matter?
No.  Participants may transfer their property to their next-of-kin provided they have made a will to this effect.   In the event of lack of documentation, the next-of-kin may claim the inheritance upon proof of identity and kinship.

Must foreigners buy new Malaysia property only, such as from developers, or can they purchase any property, such as from individual owners (second hand or third hand property)?
Participants can purchase any type of housing properties provided that they have been issued with CF (Certificate of Fitness).

Can I keep pets in my condominium?
The By-laws of the Strata Title Act state that a parcel proprietor is not allowed to keep any animal in his parcel or on the common property which may cause annoyance to any other proprietor.

Is a participant who buys a second-hand local car eligible for tax exemptions?
Second hand cars are transacted on a willing buyer, willing seller basis and the government does not levy any sales tax and excise duty on such transactions. As such tax exemptions do not arise.

If I had a car accident and as a result I need to change the car, do I have to pay back the tax exemptions?
Given the following situations:
i. If the car is repaired and sold it will be subject to the applicable tax/duty according to the prevailing rates.
ii. If car is written off, taxes will be waived.
iii. If the participant wishes to buy another car, their application will be processed on the merit of each case. Under normal circumstances a participant of this program is allowed tax exemption for a car on a one time basis.

When can I sell the car, which has been given all the tax exemptions?
Cars that have been exempted from taxes and duties under this program can be sold or its ownership transferred provided the prevailing taxes and duties on the car have been paid prior to the transaction. However, for imported cars the condition stipulated in the AP should be complied before any sale or transfer can be permitted.

Where can I get the online car purchase exemption form?
Click on the links below to download the forms:
Guidelines for Tax Management Information System-User Manual
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Digicert