Participants of Malaysia My Second Home Programme are provided with various incentives to make their stay more comfortable and enjoyable in Malaysia. Among others they are:-
10 year Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry will be granted
Stay as long as you wish & leave Malaysia anytime as you please
Renewable after 10 years
Any foreigner may purchase any number of residential property in Malaysia, subject to the minimum price established for foreigners by the different states. They start from RM500,000 per unit for most states, from 1st Mac 2014. Land is a state matter and it is important to check state laws before making any commitment, as the minimum purchase price is not standardized between states.
Please refer the list below :
List of minimum price for purchase a property
The MM2H participant may purchase one new motorcar made or assembled in Malaysia. He/ she will be exempted from paying excise duty and sales tax on the new motorcar.
An application to PURCHASE a new motorcar made or assembled in Malaysia must be forwarded to the Ministry of Finance within a period of one year from the endorsement date of Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) social visit pass.
Import Personal Car
The MM2H participant may import one motorcar, which belongs to him/her country of citizenship or where he/she last domiciled. He/she will be exempted from paying import duty, excise duty and sales tax on the imported motorcar.
Application to IMPORT a motorcar from the participant’s country of citizenship/ last domicile must be forwarded to the Ministry of Finance within a period of six months from the endorsement date of Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) social visit pass.
Locally Assembled Car
An Application to PURCHASE a new motorcar made or assembled in Malaysia must be forwarded to the Ministry of Finance within a period of one year from the endorsement date of Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) social visit pass.
- The condition for the car import is that the MM2H participant should be the owner of the motorcar for at least 6 months prior to obtaining the MM2H visa, as evidenced in the motorcar registration document.
- Completed application forms with relevant documents which are submitted to Ministry of Finance will be processed within 10 working days.
- Do not make an outright purchase of the motorcar before obtaining approval for tax/duty exemption from the Ministry of Finance. However, a booking for a motorcar may be made prior to obtaining approval from the Treasury.
- Importation or purchase of motorcar must be for personal use only and not for commercial use.
- ‘Personal Car’ is referred to a car which was purchased by participant before joining the MM2H programme.
- Participants are only allowed to sell their imported/ locally purchased car after 2 year’s stay on the programme. Should the wish to sell their imported/ locally purchase car, they are subjected to repayment of import duty, excise duty and sales tax according to the prevailing rates.
- The MM2H participant is eligible for tax/duty exemption for only ONE car.
Each applicant is allowed to apply for one maid subject to the prevailing guidelines of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Applicants are allowed to bring their children who under 21 years old and not married as their dependants under this programme. Please note that tertiary educational institutions (private colleges and universities), requires their students to have a Student Pass. Therefore, MM2H dependents who are enrolling into tertiary educational institutions, are required to terminate their MM2H Social Visit Pass in order to apply for the Student Pass and should be insured throughout their stay under this programme.
Business & Investment
You can own and actively run your own business, terms apply. Generally any MM2H visa holders can own their own business as Directors without the requirement of any Local Malaysians, terms apply.
Click on the link below to view guidelines on registering business.
Guidelines for Incorporation of A Local Company
Bringing In Your Pets
Applicants are allowed to bring in their pets from country of citizenship or where he/she last domiciled.
Click on the link below to view guidelines on bringing in your pets.
Guidelines for Bringing In Your Pets
Working Part Time
- Application is only applicable for participant aged 50 years old and above.
- Companies/institutes should submit their application by hand or by post.
- All copies must be certified TRUE COPIES OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS by EMBASSY /HIGH COMMISSION / NOTARY PUBLIC AND COMMISSIONER OF OATHS REGISTERED IN MALAYSIA / GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.
- Where original documents are not in English, translation must be done by a qualified translator.
- Approval is subjected to the ability of the company concerned to show proof that the required skills or expertise are not available locally.