Applications can be submitted while the applicant is in Malaysia or from overseas. If the submission is made before arrival, conditional approval will be given even before local medical insurance and the fixed deposits are placed. Visas for successful applicants will be issued In Malaysia together with a Social Visit Pass. Applicants may submit their applications by providing the following documents;
I. Letter of Application (see note 1 below).
II. MM2H Application Form.
III. 3 copies of IM.12-Social Visit Application Forms.
IV. 4 passport sized photographs of applicant and spouse/children (if accompanied by spouse / children).
V. Certified true copies of all pages of passport travel document of the applicant and spouse/children (if relevant).
VI. Certified true copy of marriage certificate (if accompanied by spouse).
VII. Certified true copy of children’s birth certificate (if relevant).
VIII. Resume outlining your employment for the last ten years
* Academic qualification
* Working experiences
* Skills or expertise acquired
IX. Evidence of placing Fixed Deposit – if applying under this criteria (note 3).
X. Copy of Malaysian medical insurance (note 3).
XI. Copy of medical report (note 3).
*Self declaration on your / dependents health conditions
XII. 1) Certified copy of latest 3 months bank statement / other related financial document to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia.
2) Certified copies of latest 3 months income statement / salary record / pension slip / etc.
XIII. Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents with the relevant financial institutions.
XIV. Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency.
Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia.
- Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 500,000.
- Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 months’ statement with each month’s credit balance of RM 350,000. For government pensioners, they can show proof of receiving pension of at least RM 10,000 per month.
1) The covering letter of application should state the names of all people who are applying with you, how you will support yourself in Malaysia and which financial criteria you wish to use.
2) Once the application is approved you will be issued a conditional approval letter which can be presented to any bank in Malaysia to open an account.
3) Evidence of Fixed Deposit, medical coverage and the medical report can be submitted after you have received the conditional approval letter when you go to collect the visa
4) Where certified true copies of documents are requested they must be countersigned by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths, Solicitor, lawyer or Notary Public